The Strategic Growth Account Manager will be responsible for executing strategic plans to ensure maximum volume, profitability and customer relations to drive long term growth. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Sales. This person must be able to execute successfully with minimal oversight and maintain high-level customer contacts and relationships. The Strategic Growth Account Manager will have high interactions with both Merchandising and Operations contacts across the Retail Pharmacy industry.
*Role And Responsibilities
- Provide effective customer management by directing and translating brand strategies into maximum sales results
- Build customer relationships at the Buyer level and above, and facilitate connectivity in all cross-functional areas across accounts
- Manage the financial return by closely monitoring the account planning and spending processes so that all volume and margin goals are met, while insuring acceptable return on investment
- Execute with a sense or urgency to remedy customer service needs both at the corporate and field levels
- Conduct ongoing, detailed analysis of business trends in each account
- Act as the key point-of-contact with the account, managing and addressing daily requests, working closely with internal cross-functional teams
- Use effective account management skills to align with customers’ visions and goals to drive success
- Analyze programs and make fact-based recommendations to customers
- Plan & present programs that are mutually profitable to our company and the customer
- Collectively with executive leadership, manage the yearly sales plan, keep demand planner updated, and proactively monitor key performance indicators associated with account portfolio
- Portray professional example to personnel and trade industry
- Work closely with entire sales organization to develop and execute the customer strategic map
- Provide analytical and presentation support for larger, national accounts.
- Effectively communicate and implement product initiatives and industry updates with customers
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working with/in Regional or National retailers at the headquarter level.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs
- Strong oral and written communication
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work autonomously, with a self-starter mentality
- Flexibility to travel as needed – est. 25% of time
- 2+ years similar product sales industry background
- Experience with Customer Resource Management software